We are a global community
Here at inVentiv Health, we work to create a culture of success at every level, from the workplace, to the doctor's office, to the community where you live. We believe that ethical and philanthropic standards go hand-in-hand with economic growth. We believe that investing in our local communities—and improving healthcare—is an investment
in the future.
We believe that strong communities are a vital element of healthcare. Whether we're working in a global or local community, we strive to do our part. Our businesses and our employees show their generosity in many ways. Here are just a few examples:
- Donating canned supplies to food banks and serving meals at homeless shelters
- Building houses with Habitat for Humanity and renovating schools with children from local communities
- Mentoring children through Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Building bridges in Africa through the "Bridging the Gap" program
- Purchasing school supplies for low-income children
- Participating in many types of charity walks and bike-a-thons in support of research for cancer, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other illnesses
- Hosting coat drives and collecting clothing to help those in need stay warm during the winter
- Honoring company founders by donating funds to build a local children’s park
- Competing in a variety of athletic tournaments to support families coping with cancer and other illnesses
- Bringing much needed holiday cheer and fun Christmas gifts to children from low-income families
Compliance and Ethics
As a leading global services provider to companies under ever-increasing public and regulatory scrutiny, inVentiv Health expects our employees, officers and directors, as well as our consultants, vendors and others who act on our behalf, to conduct our business ethically and with integrity in all we do. Maintaining compliance and ethical standards is essential to our ability to earn and retain the trust of our customers and stakeholders. To ensure that actions taken on behalf of the Company are honest, ethical, and lawful, inVentiv Health’s Board of Directors has adopted the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (the Code), which sets forth the Company’s expectations of acceptable behavior in a variety of areas including healthcare laws and regulations, competition and fair dealing, interactions with government personnel, conflicts of interest, entertainment and corporate gifts, the workplace environment, financial reporting and recordkeeping, confidentiality, protection and proper use of company assets and insider trading. The Code also provides resources for seeking guidance and reporting suspected illegal or unethical behavior.
Healthcare related laws and regulations that may apply to the Company’s business include:
- The U.S. Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act;
- FDA Standards for Good Clinical Practice and laws and regulations adopted in accordance with the European Union Clinical Trial Directive;
- Fraud, waste and abuse laws, including the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute;
- The Prescription Drug Marketing Act;
- Anti-bribery laws;
- Laws related to “off-label” promotion of drugs; and
- Global privacy laws and regulations, including those adopted in accordance with European Union Privacy Directive and the privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
The inVentiv Health Code is accessible at: http://www.inventivhealth.com/CodeofConductPolicy.pdf. It has been translated into various languages.
Employees are strongly encouraged to speak to their supervisor, Human Resources representative or Human Resources management, Legal Department or inVentiv Health’s General Counsel or Chief Compliance Officer if they are seeking guidance or to report any suspected violations of the Code, Company policy or the law. However, there may be times when employees are not comfortable doing so or where individuals others than employees wish to raise concerns. inVentiv Health therefore also provides a mechanism for reporting concerns via the inVentiv Health Hotline. The Hotline can be accessed at (800) 673-7309 from any phone free of charge (country-specific direct dial access codes may apply) or via the website address at: www.inVentivHealthComplianceHotline.ethicspoint.com. Both systems are accessible 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Reporters are encouraged to provide sufficient detail to enable a thorough review of the matter, which will be kept confidential to the extent possible. Hotline reports can also be made anonymously to the extent permitted by law. No retaliation will be tolerated against those who report concerns in good faith.
With our global capabilities, talent, and perspectives, the culture of inVentiv Health is both diverse and dynamic. While we embrace our differences, we're also proud to share many core beliefs and values across
our businesses, including:
We value the perspectives of our coworkers and understand that, when we work collaboratively, we can create more effective solutions for clients.
While we may work as a team, each of us is individually responsible for delivering exceptional results for our clients and inVentiv Health.
We approach our jobs with excitement and energy, and we're deeply committed to delivering the highest standard of excellence in our work.
inVentiv Health employees are unwilling to become complacent with the status quo; we constantly seek new and better ways to solve challenges for our clients.
We constantly strive to improve ourselves as professionals and regularly seek constructive feedback and opportunities to learn what will help us to be more effective in our jobs.
We treat one another with trust and respect, regardless of background, role, or position.
We value an environment where ideas, information, and feedback can be shared openly and honestly by all.
inVentiv Health is dedicated to building a workplace and a culture that celebrates and promotes diversity and inclusion by creating an environment that recognizes, values, and utilizes the unique skills and abilities of all our employees.
The wide spectrum of experiences, values, perspectives, and outlooks that exists across our workforce and our businesses is one of our greatest strengths as an organization. By working together, we can maintain a work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to develop their potential and contribute fully. Fundamental to our organization’s success are equal opportunity, fair employment practices, and the creation of a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and work.